Tuesday, March 4, 2008

19 week update



So we had the "big" ultrasound today. It took all of about 20 minutes as the babe was very cooperative and turned all the right ways for the tech. I gather it also gave her a very clear gender shot as she turned the screen away at one point and clarified that we didn't want to know. Once she was done she turned it back. By the time she was done and went to get Dave the baby was being shy and would show the face so Dave got a good look at arms, legs, the spine and the brain. Baby is measuring exactly to the day (19+2) and she said everything looked perfect. My weight gain is up 2 pounds and I am down to puking once or twice a week which is nice. I don't think the belly has actually grown at all (measuring 39.5 inches) but I will take another picture tonight and post it anyway. I will try to post one on Sunday as well at the halfway point!! I personally like the first picture where it looks like baby Vancook is legless! Rest assured there are two legs in there (you can see them both in the second picture). Just as a side note as well, if you think you are seeing boy parts in the one picture, it is just the umbilical cord, I asked the tech :)

1 comment:

Katarina said...

Those are awesome pics of your little miracle. I love that babies can grow inside and they still look like little people. He's adorable btw (cuter when he's born but hey! still cute!)