Friday, January 18, 2008

The alien baby (or Dave Jr.)



Here ya go. Since we were working with a fertility clinic we were able to get an early ultrasound even though we were 100% sure of the dates. So as a result we were able to see the speck at 7 weeks. I am glad the doctor l knew what to look for as it didn't look like much to me! However the white spots are the heart and we saw it beating way, which was pretty cool and a big relief! The second picture is the standard 12 week scan. The baby was a little on the active side (she said it enjoyed swimming around too much. Well of course, it is practicing for the cottages!)We were however able to see two arms and two legs and to clarify that it is indeed a baby!The heart was pumping away at 150. So there you are your first of many pictures of the alien speck.

1 comment:

Katarina said...

I'm going to guess that you are having a boy. Not that heartbeat is an exact prediction but I'm basing my guess on that :) So I say boy (do I win aprize if I'm right??)
It really sucks that you are there and I am here though, cuz now we wont get to see our babies until they are FAR to old (but I guess I will just have to wait until Christmas.....unless I can get baby and me to Toronto before then!)